Tuesday, May 13, 2008

C’est La Vie Restaurant & Bakery

373 So. Coast Highway
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Phone: (949) 497-5100
Website: www.cestlavierestaurant.com

I love any restaurant where my husband can order dinner while I indiscreetly skip right over all of that and go directly to dessert. If you visit C’est La Vie, you won’t ask why.

Although the café serves a fabulous array of French cuisine, from fancy quiches to warm and gooey grilled sandwiches, good luck holding out that long. You have no other option but to walk past the bakery display on your way in. It’s a genius trick, and it works.

Creations change daily, so if you find something that catches your eye, don’t wait to come back another day! (I sadly found this out the hard way. Someday, my little chocolate mousse, I will be back…)

The back patio is packed, but offers a great view of the Laguna area. The view, a chilled white wine, and a sinful bakery snack is the perfect combination for taking in the ocean air and people-watching. This is the ideal place to sit and rest after a long day of shopping in Laguna.

No comments: