Saturday, January 3, 2009

Muddy Buddies

Okay, so the recipes for NYE didn't go as planned. The cheesecake came out alright, but not as spectacular as I envisioned, so I gave up on the cheese appetizers. Luckily, my hubby helped me make Muddy Buddies the night before. I can't believe how many people at the party had never experienced the joy of Muddy Buddies! They're super easy to make and addictive as hell - it's a good thing this recipe makes 9 cups of the stuff.


Ingredients

9 cups Chex® (any flavor; I did rice)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Directions

Measure the cereal into a large bowl; set aside.

Microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir until smooth. If needed, microwave about 30 seconds longer or until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated (and be careful to not break the cereal!).

Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag and add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake until well coated. (I only had 1-gallon bags so I split the recipe up into 2 bags with 3/4 cup powdered sugar in each). Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments: